Compact PCIe SerIal Carrier
The CPIC (Compact PCIe SerIal Carrier) is a 6U board, with 2 FMC HPC that is compatible with any Compact PICMG CPCI-S.0 rack.
On the PCIe side it has a 4-lane interface, while the two FMC mezzanine slots uses a high-pin count (HPC) connector. It also integrates a Virtex-6 FPGA which enables the programming of various FMC boards.
By using different FMCs, it provides White Rabbit features (sub-ns clocks synchronization in a network with thousands of nodes and up to 10km distance range) for different applications:
- ADC (Analog to Digital Converter)
- DAC (Time to Digital Converter)
- DDS (Direct Digital Synthesizer)
- Fine delay, Digital I/O, etc.
- Xilinx Virtex 6 FGPA: XC6VLX240T
- FMC with 2x High-Pin Count FMC slots (HPC)
- Compact PCI Serial Interface PCI express 4x (Virtex6 XAPP 1052 Core)