The multi-port XMC module
The XMC-HiPSI is a board property of Sainsel https://sainsel.eu/en/. It has been designed by Seven Solutions S.L. in XMC format tohold several serial interface standards (RS422/RS485/RS232) depending on the chosen configuration. It includes asynchronous (regular ports) and synchronous ports (using clock signal).
- The module can be configured to implement:
- 9 asynchronous ports (1 standard full RS232 port, 3 Tx/Rx RS232 ports, 5 RS422 Tx/Rx ports) and 2 synchronous RS422 ports simultaneously.
- 12 asynchronous ports (1 standard full RS232 port, 3 Tx/Rx RS232 ports, 6 RS422 Tx/Rx ports and 2 RS422 ports with RTS/CTS) simultaneously.
- Includes health monitor (internal voltage and temperature).
- Implements loopback auto-test.
- Compatible with 64bit Microsoft Windows (from Windows Vista).
- Compatible with native Windows serial-port device Application Programming Interface (API).
- Provides specific API for custom applications to access special module features (such as auto-test, character timestamp and port set configuration).
- Supports speeds from 100 to 230400 bauds in all its ports.
- Tolerates up to 2.5% of external port speed deviation.
- Includes robust ESD protection on port pins and port short-circuit protection.
- Includes application software for configuration, and exhaustive module and data transmission testing.